About 20 miles east of Phoenix lies Mesa, Arizona. Mesa is the third-largest city in Arizona, the largest suburban city by population in the United States, and is home to around 518,000 people. This Arizonan city is known for its stunning mountain views, gorgeous desert landscapes, and dry summer heat. In this article, we’ll introduce you to some amazing neighborhoods in Mesa, Arizona. These days, Mesa is a well-known city across the United States. Which makes it hard to believe that it was once a tiny town with a one-square-mile stake of land to its name. There are a number of stunning homes in Mesa, Arizona. You’ll see that in the video below.
What is Mesa, Arizona like? What is there to do for fun? What have they done with this large city? What are the different home styles in Mesa, Arizona. If you are planning on visiting or moving to Mesa, we have everything you need to know about homes for sale in Mesa, Arizona. From the housing and job markets to dining, nightlife, and events.
The Housing Market in Mesa, Arizona
With over 300 days of warm weather per year, a plethora of outdoor activities, great job opportunities, and a below-average crime rate, Mesa has become a very popular place to live. In regards to the housing market, Mesa offers a huge variety of diversity from brand-new developments to historic neighborhoods and equestrian properties. No matter what type of home you’re looking for, you’re bound to find something within your parameters in the city of Mesa.
Median Home Pricing and Cost of Living
The median price of a home in Mesa is approximately $330,000. This amount will generally get you a medium-sized, single-family home with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The cost of living in Mesa is less than the national average. Mesa comes out lower in all cost of living categories: housing, utilities, groceries, and transportation. With all categories considered, the cost of living comes out 10% lower than the national average. The affordability of thriving here makes it an enticing place to relocate to.
Amazing Neighborhoods in Mesa, Arizona
Mesa is home to luxurious houses, horse properties, single-family homes, rental apartments, and more. No matter what type of residence fits your and your family’s needs, you’ll be able to find amazing homes in Mesa, Arizona, within the city limits. Learn how to buy a home in Phoenix, Arizona by downloading our free guide to buying a home.
Here are some of the hottest neighborhoods in the area.
- Mulberry. Mulberry is a master-planned community that draws in families of all types. They call themselves a “New Old-Home Community.” Meaning that although it is a newer development, they provide the feel of classic homes in quaint neighborhoods from the early 1900s. This community features some really awesome homes for sale in Mesa, Arizona; as well as five parks and grass areas, gorgeously landscaped gardens, lush entrances, and extensive amenities for residents. Homes in this neighborhood range from $300,000 to $515,000+ and feature 3-5 bedrooms.
- Eastmark. Located in the center of Mesa, you’ll find the sought-after community of Eastmark. Eastmark features beautiful neighborhoods, best-in-class schools, and innovative amenities. It was designed and built to encourage interaction outdoors. Homes in this neighborhood range from $200,000 to over $600,000 and widely vary in size. There’s a reason this beautiful neighborhood is ranked as the #1 best-selling master-planned community in Arizona.
- Las Sendas. This 1,800-acre master-planned community was built on an award-winning golf course with beautiful views in mind. This upscale neighborhood has stunning views of the Superstition Mountains and wide-open spaces. Here, you’ll find homes of all sizes and prices, up into the $1 million+ range.
- Alta Mesa. In Alta Mesa’s gated communities, you’ll find luxury custom homes for sale in Mesa, Arizona, as well as townhomes, patio homes, and condos. At the heart of the community, lies the Alta Mesa Golf Club, a private club owned and operated by its members. Many Alta Mesa homes are on the golf course, offer expansive views, and are just a few minutes away from dining and shopping areas.
- Red Mountain Ranch. At the center of this community lies Red Mountain Ranch Country Club, an 18-hole championship golf course with a beautiful clubhouse, pool, gym, and tennis courts. Surrounding this country club are 1600 single-family homes and townhomes, each with its own spectacular mountain or course view. This community has homes in all shapes, sizes, and price points! There is something there to suit everyone.
Home Styles in Mesa, Arizona
The style of home you like says a lot about you. Do you like to stick to the deep, historic roots of the area and are drawn to something older and classic? Or do you prefer a modern, contemporary look that features high-tech gadgets and designs? Whatever your style might be, you’re likely to find it in Mesa. Our article on the most popular home styles in Phoenix has so much more information on this. Check that out!
The top home styles in this city are:
- Bungalow. This style features simple designs with hand-crafted artistry. In bungalow-style homes, you’ll find natural elements and open floor plans.
- Ranch-Style. These homes are one story and have long, L-shaped layouts.
- Mediterranean Revival. Mediterranean-style homes generally have red-tiled roofs, arched or circular windows, stucco exteriors, and front courtyards.
- Pueblo. These homes have warm, yellow-toned finishes, terra-cotta tiles, and colorful shutters.
- Spanish Colonial. This style of home generally has archways, small windows, adobe, and stucco exteriors.
The Job Market in Mesa, Arizona
If you’re searching for a job in Mesa, things are looking to be in your favor. Over the last year, Mesa has seen its job market increase by 3.3%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 47.1%, which is higher than the US average of 33.5%. Some of the top employers in the city of Mesa are the following: Banner Health with 8,300 employees, Mesa Public Schools with 8,000 employees, The Boeing Company with over 4,600 employees, and the City of Mesa with 4,100 employees.
In addition to the large companies listed above, the following industries have larger growth in Mesa than the U.S. average: Construction, retail trade, finance & insurance, administrative services, and waste management. If one of these industries is your specialty, there is likely room for you to relocate and find a job within your industry.
What To Do in Mesa, Arizona
Mesa is sometimes referred to as the central hub of the East Valley. It is referred to as the hub because it contains just about everything and anything you might need right within the city. Rich, cultural arts, events for food lovers, sports, golf, and shopping can all be found here. In addition to those activities, you can get outside and experience horseback riding, mountain biking trails, hiking trails, and river tubing all without leaving the city.
The Foodie Scene in Mesa, Arizona
If you’re a foodie, you absolutely must check out Mesa’s Fresh Foodie Trail. This food-inspired road trip will take you to local wineries, farms, craft breweries, and other eating establishments. You’ll experience culinary delights from a collection of chefs who cook with local ingredients. A collection of foodie-driven experiences draw in people from all around and keep them coming back for more. Aside from the Foodie Trail, Mesa also hosts a plethora of festivals, tastings, markets, and harvests for food lovers to enjoy.
If you’re wanting to eat like a local at one of our dine-in restaurants, you’ll want to check out Vito’s Pizza, Red White, and Brew, All Pierogi Kitchen, T.C. Eggington’s, or Blue Adobe Santa Fe Grill. From local fast food specialties to luxurious fine dining, there are endless ways to tickle your tastebuds.
Mesa Arts Center
Looking for a fun activity for the whole family? The Mesa Art Center is an international award-winning facility in the heart of downtown Mesa. This breathtaking art facility is home to four theaters, five art galleries, and 14 art studios. At this renowned facility, you’ll be able to take a deep dive into the arts by listening in on live entertainment, viewing world-class art exhibitions, and expanding your knowledge with outstanding arts education classes. When you’re ready to fully submerge into the art experience, you can get inspired in one of the center’s engaging art encounters.
Sports In Mesa, Arizona
Mesa is the only place in Arizona that is home to two Spring Training teams in two stadiums. First, the Hohokam Stadium. The Hohokam Stadium is the Spring Training home of the Oakland A’s. All season long, fans can come and watch Spring Training games and enjoy the stadium’s experience and beautiful mountain views. Outside of the springtime games, this stadium hosts several events from weddings to fundraisers and local sporting events.
Mesa is also home to Sloan Park. Sloan park opened in 2014 and is home to spring training for the Chicago Cubs. This 146-acre ballpark holds over 15,000 spectators and was built and paid for by the people of Mesa. The ballpark is nestled between shopping centers and offers a free trolley from the Tempe marketplace. You can shop, eat, drink, and then catch the free trolley before game time.
Golf In Mesa, Arizona
Within the city limits, you’ll find 11 different golf courses ranging from fun and friendly courses to award-winning, private country clubs. Are you wondering what makes the state of Arizona such a golf haven? The main factor that contributes to Arizona’s popular golf scene is the weather. On average, Arizona’s golf towns experience over 300 days of sun per year. Meaning, you will be able to hit the course almost all year round.
Next, are the picturesque landscapes. The views that you see while playing in Mesa just might make you mess up your shot because you will be so distracted by the beauty of your surroundings. Lastly, Arizona has kept up with and developed futuristic golf technology. From digital practice ranges to learning technologies that detail the aspects of your swing, you’re going to be blown away by the technological golf experience. When you combine all of these factors, you’re guaranteed to have an exceptional time playing a round of golf on one of Mesa’s many courses.
What are you waiting for?
Mesa is a city that truly offers something for everyone. Outdoor enthusiasts, sports lovers, golf fanatics, businesspeople, and families of all cultures and lifestyles thrive in this city. The most amazing homes and neighborhoods in Mesa, Arizona, are waiting for you to explore them. Being the third-largest city in Arizona, you will notice that you have room to breathe and grow without the jam-packed hustle and bustle. Plus, you’ll be able to sleep extra soundly tonight knowing that this city is one of the safest in the nation. That’s right… Mesa ranked No. 8 in the nation for safest metropolitan cities, according to SafeWise.com. Whether you are coming to play or coming to stay, we can’t wait for you to see why Mesa is referred to as City Limitless.