Chandler, Arizona is known for being a cutting-edge tech hub in the west. However, there is a lot to do in Chandler! Most recently, Chandler has developed a reputation of being a diverse, inviting community with endless options for entertainment, jobs, housing, and more. Whether you’re planning a weekend retreat or want to move to this city, we have all of the information you need to know to maximize your stay. Keep reading to learn more about the innovative yet playful city of Chandler, Arizona.
The Chandler Housing Market
As an All-American City award recipient, Chandler has repeatedly been recognized as an ideal city to live, work, and play in. Its unique combination of innovative technology and a family-friendly community makes it a top-tier place to call home. The recent growth and popularity has caused a shift in the Chandler housing market. Like most of the United States in 2021, it is a very competitive seller’s market. However, Chandler, Arizona is still an extremely affordable and attractive place to live.
Become A Home BuyerLet’s start a conversation today. We want to address all of your concerns and answer all of your Phoenix Home Buying questions.
Median Home Pricing and Cost of Living in Chandler
Chandler’s real estate market is flourishing than ever, as young business professionals, families, and empty nesters seek to move into a community that fits their diverse lifestyles. The median home price in Chandler is $418,000 and this amount will generally get you a single-family home with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The cost of living in Chandler is about 5% higher than the national average with the top contributing factor of this calculation being Chandler’s cost of rent. While housing may cost a little more than average, both healthcare and food costs are lower than the national average. To subside this slightly increased cost of living, the average salary in Chandler is higher than most of its neighboring cities.
Top Neighborhoods in Chandler, Arizona
Planned communities in Chandler take pride in their deluxe amenities, diversity, and sense of tight-knit community. While we could create an endless list of wonderful neighborhoods in Chandler, we are narrowing it down to the top 4 hottest communities.
Let’s kick off with West Chandler. West Chandler is the most popular area in Chandler for growing families. This is due to the solid-yet-affordable housing opportunities, superior schooling systems, and ideal amenities for families. You’ll get the most bang for your buck and value in the community of West Chandler.
Seeking out one of the wealthiest communities in the Phoenix Valley? Look no further than Chandler’s very own Circle G at Riggs Homestead Ranch. This upscale neighborhood is home to over 2,000 residents, spacious homes, and luxurious amenities for the members of this posh community.
If you’re interested in a new or not-yet-built home to put your personal design touch on, Fulton Ranch is the community for you. Homes for sale in Chandler do tend to run higher in price, but also higher in quality of living. These brand new houses are tastefully placed on waterfront and lakefront properties, giving you the ultimate access to breathtaking outdoor views.
Ocotillo East is a highly sought-after community for families of all shapes and sizes. The neighborhoods in Ocotillo East are surrounded by parks, waterways, and beautiful sites to see. This community features homes of all sizes and currently has an abundance of homes for sale.
The Chandler Job Market
According to a 2018 report by Wallethub, Chandler was ranked the top best city to find a job in. The East Valley city was chosen as the number one spot out of over 180 metropolitan cities. While Chandler may have lost the number 1 spot over the last few years, it remains a top competitor when it comes to cities with booming job markets. This city’s median annual income is over $100,000 and it has a lower-than-average unemployment rate.
Are you looking for a job in your industry that highlights your expertise? Or maybe your job has grown monotonous and mundane and you are looking for a brand new industry to learn the ropes in. The top industries in Chandler are healthcare, aviation and aerospace, business, vehicular research and development, high-tech manufacturing, and information technology and software. Chandler’s largest employer with over 14,000 employees is Microchip Technology Inc., a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors. Regardless of your profession, you’re highly likely to find a long-standing career in Chandler or one of its neighboring cities.
Getting Around Chandler
Officials in Chandler take great pride in sustaining the developmental needs for transportation in their city. They believe that transportation and commute are large contributing factors in the quality of life and overall enjoyment of where you live. Knowing this, Chandler is everchanging to meet the needs of its commuting residents. They offer a light rail, bus system, ADA-compliant means of transportation, and ride-sharing services such as Lyft or Uber. In addition, years of research and improvements have gone into mapping out perfectly-placed roads, highways, bridges, and tunnels to ensure that you have the most pleasant, quickest commute possible.
10 Things To Do in Chandler
Chandler is jam-packed with activities and experiences to entertain people of all walks of life. Whether you’re looking to relax by the pool or check an exhilarating adventure off your bucket list, you’ll never be bored in Chandler!
- Ride in a hot air balloon. Is riding in a hot air balloon on your bucket list? You can check that off while visiting this beautiful desert city. See Arizona from a different point of view while gracefully floating through the warm, glowing sky. Whether you’re looking for a romantic ride or are seeking out an adventure for the family, there are multiple companies in and around Chandler that can help you achieve your dream.
- Hike, fish, picnic, and explore at Veterans Oasis Park. This 113-acre park features trails, playgrounds, pavilions, and more. Plus, over 78 acres of this desert oasis are designed for groundwater recharge and wetlands to home native Sonoran Desert plants and wildlife. Keeps your eyes peeled and you’ll be able to spot some native Arizonan wildlife!
- Visit a museum. Chandler is home to a large array of unique museums. The Arizona Railway Museum is an outdoor exhibit that features the history and heritage of the railroad system in the southwest. You’ll be taken back in time when you see the train station re-creation and restored train cars. The Chandler Museum is home to both local and national traveling exhibits. This beautiful, modern facility is just on the edge of the Chandler Fashion Center Mall. There are even a few other museum stops to add to your historical tour of Chandler!
- Do a little gambling. Feeling lucky? Luckily for you, there are 3 different casinos in Chandler! You’ll find an assortment of slots, tables, restaurants, and more entertainment at these casinos.
- Play a round of golf. Don’t forget to pack your clubs! Although there are over 250 golf courses in the Phoenix Valley, you’ll be able to play where it all started while in Chandler. Chandler is home to the San Marcos Golf Course, which was the first grass golf course in Arizona. Tee off where celebrities, politicians, and golf professionals have played since 1913. In addition, this course hosts special events and offers discounts, so be sure to visit them.
- Shop until you drop at Chandler Fashion Center, Arizona’s second-largest mall. Not only does Chandler Fashion Center have a plethora of stores that are sure to fit your style, but it also features live music and entertainment, full-service restaurants, events, and more. Make a day out of it and come rejuvenate and shop at Chandler Fashion Center.
- Catch a film and a cocktail at Alamo Drafthouse. Alamo Drafthouse offers a completely unique movie theater experience. They have a full bar and restaurant where you are served seat-side. Enjoy your dinner, movie, and drinks simultaneously for a one-of-a-kind date night.
- Enjoy a full day of family fun at the Crayola Experience. Explore the magic of color at Crayola’s unique, hands-on attraction. Here, you and your family will participate in over a dozen hands-on experiences, express your creativity, and even make your own crayon with your name on it!
- Pay a visit to Downtown Chandler. Enjoy a cozy, neighborhood vibe in the downtown area. You’ll find streets lined with local eateries, bars, wineries, and unique boutiques.
- Soak up the sun. No matter what you choose to do while in Chandler, you’re almost guaranteed to have beautiful weather while doing it. With over 300 sunny days per year, it is highly likely that you’ll be able to relish in all of the sunshine and warmth (or HEAT) that Chandler, AZ has to offer.
Business and Leisure in Chandler
Because of the corporate-friendly environment, growing businesses, and tech advancements, Chandler is a very popular location for business trips. But that doesn’t mean your trip needs to be all work and no play! Have you heard of the word bleisure? It is a combination of business and leisure and that is exactly what we recommend while you’re on your business trip in Chandler.
Between meetings, conference calls, and mundane work tasks, you can tee off at a golf course, tempt your fate at our famous Escape Room, take a hike, savor a must-try, local restaurant, or simply lay by the pool. When you take some time for yourself to relax and unwind, you may find that you’re even more productive throughout your workday.
Welcome to Chandler
While visiting Chandler, Arizona, you’ll be able to disconnect and discover the rich cultural history, arts, year-round events, restaurants of every cuisine, world-renowned golf courses, endless shopping, great schools, and sunshine all the time. Whether you are stopping by for a weekend or coming to live here and enjoy these experiences year-round, we can’t wait for you to visit our enchanting city.